Create DX PluginShane McLaughlin | 2019-02-01
DX, Scratch org, and 2nd generation packaging form the new paradigm of Salesforce development. In this talk, Shane shares what DX plugin can do and how to create it to facilitate developers' work.
- Why did shane create the shane-sfdx-plugins open source project?
- Two groups of plugin commands in the plugin
- Why not incorporate the plugins into the core DX
- Oclif framework that shane-sfdx-plugins is built upon
- Discuss how the two groups of plugin commands work under the hood
- How to use this plugin to install both 1st and 2nd generation packages
- Using 2nd generation package in customer projects
- What Shane has learned from creating this plugin
- Should Salesforce developers create DX plugins too?
- Discuss current Salesforce developer experience v.s. Before
- "Creative minds" from https://www.bensound.com