Matt Goldspink is a UI Architect in Vlocity, Dreamforce speaker.
- Matt’s blog thread on the Salesforce developer site and his locker service experience
- Why does Salesforce create the locker service and what problem does it tackle?
- What are the challenges for Salesforce to create the locker service?
- What is the locker service implementation from a user or developer’s point of view?
- What are the good resources to learn LWC?
- Locker API viewer
- Locker console
- Matt’s DF18 talk about locker service
- The post about locker service on Salesforce developer blog
- Lwc ebikes sample gallery
Key Takeaway for Locker Service
Many Salesforce developers complain about Locker Service:
- It puts a restriction on browser native API calls
- It has a negative performance impact
They ignore the reason Locker service is introduced and the great benefit it brings to the Lightning platform.
In this episode, Matt gives a holistic view of Locker Service. Hopefully, you can understand better about and really embrace it :).
Episode 22 – Lightning Web Component
If you enjoy this podcast, please reach me out to let me know your thoughts or simply say Hello. My (Xi’s) contact info:
Take care, until next time :)!