In this talk, Shane shares what DX plugin can do and how to create it to facilitate developers’ work.
- Why did shane create the shane-sfdx-plugins open source project?
- Two groups of plugin commands in the plugin
- Why not incorporate the dx plugin into the core DX
- Oclif framework that shane-sfdx-plugins is built upon
- Discuss how the two groups of plugin commands work under the hood
- How to use this plugin to install both 1st and 2nd generation packages
- Using 2nd generation package in customer projects
- What Shane has learned from creating this plugin
- Should Salesforce developers create DX plugins too?
- Discuss current Salesforce developer experience v.s. Before