John Daniel, who joins to talk about Unit Of Work, is a Salesforce MVP, Technical Architecture, Open-source active contributor.
John was on show #13, talked about Monolithic to Modular.
- John’s self-introduction
- The definition of UoW
- How does UoW handle DMLs in a transaction?
- What would happen if the DMLs in UoW fail partially?
- How does UoW make the code cleaner and more business-oriented?
- What to do when we find bugs when using the open-source libraries?
- What is the benefit to convince the team to use Apex Common library where UoW is included?
- Are there situations where multiple UoW instances are needed?
- What are the limitations of UoW?
- The news that FinancialForce will hand the fflib ownership over to the open-source community.
- John’s Twitter
- John’s LinkedIn
- Unit of Work defined by Martin Fowler
- Apex Enterprise Patterns Open Source
- Apex Common repo (file search enabled)
- Andy Fawcett’s book – Salesforce Lightning Platform Enterprise Architecture
- Several blogs from Andy Fawcett touch on the Unit Of Work concept